Ipswich George innhistorical era: ancient
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 03/01/2017
An inn called the George was known to exist as far back as 1528; whether it was this one or another located elsewhere in the town isn't known.
This is probably another name for the Royal George, which has been reported at 1 & 3 Tower Ramparts and 13 High Street (St Matthew's parish).
A George/Royal George is also listed at 1 Victoria Street and 1 Woodhouse Street (St Clement's parish). Victoria Street is an earlier name for Woodhouse Street. (Not to be confused with Victoria Street, St Matthew's parish.)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)