Ipswich Freehold Tavern
grid reference TM 186 445
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 16/07/2015
After closure, the pub became St John's Boy's Home, where boys from St. Peter's Workhouse were moved to provide them with better conditions. It was demolished in 1980.
Listed at California in 1865.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)