Ipswich Engineers Arms
closed May 14th, 1961
last owner cobbold
29 Bath St
grid reference TM 165 434
View in Google Earth
last updated 07/11/2014
Not to be confused with New Engineers Arms in Hawes st.
It's understood to have stood at the junction of Hawes Street and Bath Street. Comparing the photograph with the 1883 Town Plan, it appears to have stood on the north-west corner of the junction.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.
(historical detail provided by David Knights)
(census information from Dudley Diaper)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)