Ipswich Crown & Anchor & Lock
previously known as Crown & Anchor
last updated 16/07/2015
The Crown & Anchor was listed at Lock Road (Described as Lock Rd., College St.) in 1844, at The Dock in 1851, Dock Side East in 1861 and at Marine Parade (Described as Marine Parade, Stoke Bridge) in 1855.
1841 & 1851 censuses for The Docks [New Cut East] (St. Peters) both include 2 innkeepers, Thomas Cornish & John Partridge [possibly Crown & Anchor based on sequence of entries] in 1841, and Davis Pettett and John Shulver [Crown & Anchor based on landlord's name] in 1851.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)