Ipswich California Arms
428-430 Spring Rd
grid reference TM 185 448
View in Google Earth
last updated 23/05/2015
There was a coaching house and a brew house with cellars to rear. The coaching house was demolished in early 1990s.
(information from Mick)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
The California Gold Rush (1848-1855) began on in January 1848, when gold was discovered by James Wilson Marshall at Sutter's Mill, in Coloma. Over 300,000 men, women, and children headed to California soon after - early gold-seekers were called "forty-niners," (as a reference to 1849).