Ipswich Suffolk Artillery Arms
previously known as Artillery Arms, Soldiers Friend
closed October 7th, 1914
13 Anglesea Rd
grid reference TM 159 451
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 15/03/2016
The picture shows the building currently on what's thought to have been the site of the Artillery Arms; it may not necessarily be the original building. If you can confirm or refute this, please let us know.
Closure date recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Sep 1870 states that :
The application made by John Chenery for a full license at the Artillery Arms was refused.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in July 1885 states :
At the Ipswich Petty Sessions of January 1885 the license for the Suffolk Artillery Arms, Anglesea Road, , was transferred from William T Juby to Harry Fox.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)