Ipswich Anchor Innhistorical era: mid 20th century
closed December 17th, 1956
last owner S & P
121-3 Princes St
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 02/01/2017
A 1928 photograph helps us place the Anchor Inn as roughly opposite the end of Portman Road, though probably slightly further north than the junction itself. It's since been demolished.
The pub was variously reported in Station Road in 1871, at 99 Princes Street in 1879, 1881, 1901 & 1911, and at 123 Prospect Street in 1891.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.