mid 20th century
closed 1935 circa, or post-1958
grid reference TL 729 506
View in Google Earth
last updated 10/02/2013
Reputedly demolished to make way for the nearby airfield (RAF Stradishall) which was built from 1935 onwards and was one of the first pre-war airfields to have concrete runways. However, the pub is still shown on OS maps at least as late as 1958, so this may not be correct.
Shown here on the 1885 OS map.
Still visible on the 1958 map.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(***Original source of documentation transcribed by Graham Nunn)