Horham Eight Bells
previously known as Six Bells, Bells
closed July 5th, 1913
grid reference TM 205 723
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 16/07/2015
Now called Old Eight Bells House.
Closed 1913 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Sep 1825 states :
To be sold by auction, at the Horham Bells Inn, all the useful household furniture and effects, of Mr George Waldron, who quits at Michaelmas next.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
Closure date from the Hoxne licensing records.
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)