Bury St Edmunds Half Moon
grid reference TL 853 642
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 21/01/2016
In early 19th century it traded as a Posting & Commercial Inn.
The inn itself was actually on High Baxter St, in the wing of the building perpendicular to the roads.
A cinema was built in 1930s possibly in one wing of the old inn and later a bar was created to rear of cinema called the Playhouse bar before finally closing in 1970s.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)