Scroll through other Hartest closed premises
Known to date back at least as far as 1814, when the Bury & Norwich Post reported a farm sale on the premises. In 1894, the Bury Free Press reported on an inquest held at the inn.
The pub is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1959; the 1977 sheet shows it as "Bell House" so it probably closed between those dates.
last updated 02/11/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)