Hargrave Cocks Head
previously known as Cock
grid reference TL 768 583
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 14/03/2016
Now residential; called Cock's Head House.
In 1861 listed by Knowles Green.
Also in 1861 a brewer is listed as Robert Challis/60y/Brewer/Depden Green (father-in-law of landlord, Robert Wright)
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 26 Oct in 1869 states that :
The licensed Vctuallers Tea Association advertised the sale of tea via its Suffolk Agents. This was a response to the irregular sale of Wine by Grocers and included a reference to A. WRIGHT of the Cock's Head Inn, Hargrave.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)