Halesworth Station Hotel
previously known as Railway Tavern, New Inn, Railway Hotel
grid reference TM 388 778
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 13/03/2016
On the 1st of June 1859 the East Suffolk Railway Line was opened from Ipswich to Great Yarmouth - the pub (or at least its name) probably dates from about that time.
Now used as offices for NFU Mutual after some years as a social club.
Name changed from, the Railway Hotel to the Station Hotel in 1887.
Historically a family & commercial hotel & posting house.
In 1874 listed at Bungay rd
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Jan 1875 states :
At the Halesworth Petty Sessions of January 1875, the license for the Railway Hotel, Halesworth, was transferred from George Woolnough to William Webb.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)