Halesworth King's Arms
opened 18th cent
closed December 5th, 1960
grid reference TM 386 774
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 13/03/2016
This former commercial inn & posting house dates from the early 18th century.
Also recorded in Market Place (1840)
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Mar 1830 states that : On the 18th March, died, Mr John Cooke, of the King's Arms Inn, Halesworth.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)