Halesworth Black Eagle
previously known as Spread Eagle
closed January 11th, 1930
15 Chediston St
grid reference TM 384 774
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 18/08/2015
The building dates from the 18th century.
Closed 1930 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses; there is still a condition in the deeds to the effect that the building cannot be used to sell alcohol.
Named as the Spread Eagle in the 1871 census.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)