Great Bradley Rose & Crown
previously known as Crown
closed 1925 circa
grid reference TL 667 531
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 15/07/2015
May now be called Crown House.
Listed in Bradley St. in 1881.
Details of pub premises belonging to the Kedington Brewery estate sold, along with the brewery buildings, by auction 13 July 1883***.
Great Bradley: The Crown.
Roadside Inn, situate at the Newmarket entrance to Great Bradley.
The House contains: Tap room, Parlour, Back Kitchen, Cellar, Pantry, Club room and outbuildings.
Let to Mrs. Richardson.
[Footnote: Also sold with the Inn were a Blacksmiths shop, Dwelling House and cottage; the four buildings "forming a compact property in a square block"]
Renamed the Rose & Crown before 1891.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(***Original source of documentation - Suffolk Records Office – transcribed by Graham Nunn)