Join CAMRA online
Photo of Prince of Wales

Glemsford Prince of Wales


closed 1979


grid reference TL 833 483

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
View in Google Earth

CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.

last updated 15/07/2015

From a description on the village history website, it seems this stood on Churchgate, between the church itself and Bells Lane.

The building pictured has been confirmed as the former Prince of Wales public house. It closed in 1979.

(information from Pauline & Patrick Currie)

Bury & Norwich Post**, May 22nd 1888

Sale at the Plough Inn at Glemsford when the Prince of Wales at Churchgate was knocked down to the Greene King company for £820, there were no bids for other property which included a malting.

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)