Framlingham Queen's Head
grid reference TM 284 634
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 06/09/2015
The earliest parts of the building date from the 16th century, although it has been much extended since.
Today much of the building is converted for residential use.
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 1st July in 1820 speaks of the Auction of the Queen's Head Public House & Adjoining Tenement in Framlingham.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Jun 1860 states that : Death announced on the 20th June of Ann Eastaugh, 85, widow of John Eastaugh, formerly of the Queens Head.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)