closed October 18th, 1910
last owner Colchester Brewing Company
15 Castle St
grid reference TM 145 737
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 14/08/2015
The building dates from the early 16th century.
Closed in 1910 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of "excess" alcohol licenses.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 03 Jun in 1837 stated that Robert Koipe COBBOLD of the Eye Brewery was retiring from business & was looking to sell various Inns & Public Houses including the Star.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Closure date from Eye town licensing records.