Bury St Edmunds Refreshment rooms
previously known as Great Eastern refreshment rooms, London & North Eastern Railway refreshment rooms, Railway Hotel?
grid reference TL 852 651
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 27/02/2016
This was a conversion from the original Station master's house; carried out during the early 1990's. The pub lasted for only a couple of years. The building was a part of the original station complex which was designed by Sancton Wood - architect and surveyor (1816-1866)
Opened as a terminus from Ipswich in nov 1847; until Newmarket completed in 1849. It was owned by Eastern Union Railway EUR - then GER
Not to be confused with
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
The GER was formed in 1862 by amalgamation of the Eastern Counties Railway with smaller railways: the Norfolk Railway, the Eastern Union Railway, the Newmarket and Chesterford Railway, the East Norfolk Railway, the Harwich Railway, the East Anglian Railway and the East Suffolk Railway among others.