Debenham King's Headhistorical era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed 1904 circa
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 15/07/2015
From its description in the book "Samuel Dove's Debenham", it seems this pub was probably somewhere close to the Cherry Tree. There was another King's Head in the village, but its location is unknown. This may mean that some landlord information shown for this pub is incorrect.
Reported in The Street in 1881 census.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 03 Jun in 1837 stated that Robert Koipe COBBOLD of the Eye Brewery was retiring from business & was looking to sell various Inns & Public Houses including the King's Head, Debenham.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)