Cavendish White Horse
grid reference TL 807 465
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 07/03/2016
Demolished. Old maps show that the house now on the site was built some time between 1904 and 1927.
Pub shown here on the 1904 OS map.
Also a brew pub.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Jan 1880 states that :
To brewers, publicans and others, Thomas Murrills, White Horse, Cavendish, whose lease on the above premises expires on the 25th March begs to offer by private contract his brewery plant and trade effects, consisting of a 7 coomb mash tub and 200 gallon copper (nearly new), 3 coolers, 2 guile tubs, 2 working square vats, 27 vats varying from 200 gallons to 1000 gallons. Also about 3000 gallons of fine sound scotch ale and a six year old horse, two trade carts, one dog cart, and two sets of harnesses.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old pictures from www.foxearth.org.uk