Bury St Edmunds Three Horse Shoes
65 + 71 Northgate St
grid reference TL 854 649
View in Google Earth
last updated 15/07/2015
In 1830 listed at 56 North-gate st.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 26 Oct in 1869 states that :
The licensed Vctuallers Tea Association advertised the sale of tea via its Suffolk Agents. This was a response to the irregular sale of Wine by Grocers and included a reference to W. JOHNSON of the Three Horse Shoes Inn, Bury.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)