Bury St Edmunds Robin Hood & Little Johnhistorical era: Victorian / Edwardian
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 15/07/2015
Long Brackland used to stretch along what's now St John Street, to the pub may have been there.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 24 Jan in 1844 states that :
The Furniture & Effects of Mr FRANCIS, Builder, Brewer & Beerseller of the "Robin Hood" Beershop, Long Brackland, Bury, to be sold.
Listed at 53 Long Brackland in 1844. This address is listed as an unnamed lodging house in 1841 & 1851 and it may have been out sales only.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)