Bury St Edmunds Prince of Wales
also traded as as: Shoulder of Muttonhistorical era: date unknown
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 31/12/2016
Long Brackland used to stretch along what's now St John Street, to the pub may have been there.
The Prince of Wales is listed at 83 Long Brackland by 1844 and until at least 1861.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)