Scroll through other Bury St Edmunds closed premises
Listed as a brewpub in 1892 by Kelly's directory.
The building dates from the early 19th century.
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post* in 1857 (Jan-13) when George Suttle was landlord states that:
"James Kemp of the King of Prussia was accussed of stealing malt and barley from George Suttle. He was tried and found guilty then sentenced to 12 months hard labour."
listed building grade II
last updated 07/10/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(* historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)