Bury St Edmunds Duke's Head
3 St John's St
grid reference TL 852 644
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 12/04/2016
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 10 Feb 1750 states : Thomas Humphreyes, who lately kept the Sign of Rotterdam in Harwich, is now removed to the Duke's Head in St Edmund's Bury, which is the Excise-Office (and near the Market-Cross) being a good and commodious Inn.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)