Scroll through other Bury St Edmunds closed premises
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Jul-12 in 1870 when Samuel Parsons was the landlord reports that :
"Beerhouse in Long Brackland.
A boy, Frederick Stone was forceably ejected from the pub, but returned and kicked out the windows in the door. At his trial his mother told the court "that her boy had had beer given him, and was the worse for drink". He received a seven days imprisonment."
Long Brackland used to stretch along what's now St John Street, to the pub may have been there. The building we think it was seems to have been replaced by a relatively new building.
last updated 06/10/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(* historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)