closed later than 1961
grid reference TL 907 341
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
Bures is part of the Bures St Mary parish
last updated 14/07/2015
The building dates from the 18th or early 19th century. The pub still appears on OS maps at least as late as 1961 (subsequent available maps aren't detailed enough), so must have closed after that date.
Charles Goody is shown as a shoemaker, High St., in the 1861 census.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)