closed 1913 (18 Jan)
grid reference TL 785 864
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 14/07/2015
The location for the White Lion is also where the George Inn is located after 1864.
Also listed at Market Hill (1844+1855) and White Lion St (in 1869 & 1874).
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(* historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(1872 BSE Record Office details & Slater's Royal National and Commercial Directory 1850 from Ken Griffin)