mid 20th century
closed April 20th, 1935
grid reference TM 400 737
View in Google Earth
last updated 05/01/2014
In the historic photos the main sign declares "Colchester Brewing Company Ltd"
Closed in 1935, when Lacon's Brewery transferred the license to the Pakefield Jolly Sailors.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)