Bedingfield Red Lion
previously known as Lion
grid reference TM 179 676
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 14/07/2015
Closed during the summer of 1960.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 03 Jun in 1837 stated that Robert Koipe COBBOLD of the Eye Brewery was retiring from business & was looking to sell various Inns & Public Houses including the Lion, Beddingfield.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from the Hoxne licensing records.
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)