opened 1860 circa
closed November 13th, 1958
grid reference TM 343 416
View in Google Earth
last updated 31/07/2015
In 1874 Samuel Girling provided carrier services to Ipswich on Sat. and to Woodbridge on Mon, Tue, Wed & Thu.
The Woodbridge licensing records show that the Crown's license was surrendered in 1958 in return for a payment of £1500.
The 1851 cenus lists Samuel Girling as an agricultural labourer.
In 1865 Samuel Girling is listed just as a carrier.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)