39 High St
grid reference TL 713 828
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 12/04/2015
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 25 May in 1855 states that :
W.W.WICKES Esq. proprietor of the Thetford Brewery (is auctioning) 10 public houses including:
The Bull, Lakenheath, occupied by George BAKER
Henry George Allsop is listed as a farmer in Back St. in the 1911 census.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)