Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
By 1922 was converted into a Post Office and remains as a Post Office today.
The building dates from the 18th century or earlier.
We've seen one reference to this building as the Black Lion, though whether this is an older name or a mistake isn't currently known.
License surrendered February 1920 according to the Borough Police licensed premises register.
listed building grade II
last updated 26/12/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)