grid reference TM 133 542
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 16/08/2015
Now called Gryffon House, the building dates from the mid to late 16th century.
No dated records of the pub have been found and it doesn't appear on OS maps as long ago as 1881, so it must have closed a long time ago.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
A griffin is a fabulous monster - half eagle and half lion - popular in heraldry and often spelt griffon or gryphon.