Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
Also listed at 13 Fore Hamlet (1881 census).
Stood just in front of where Grimwade Hall once stood - now flats. It was demolished in the mid-1950s. (Property not listed in 1956.)
Has been reported as closing in 1949, but the Ipswich licensing records show it closing in April 1955, with the license being transferred to the Flying Horse.
Also may be listed as in Back Hamlet.
last updated 20/04/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure information from Ipswich licensing records.
(information from Dudley Diaper)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)