Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
Now demolished and road widened - the site is now part of the carpark infront of current St Clements congregational chappel (on opposite side of road to original one as shown on map below).
This premises was listed in the 1844 White's Directory with carriers operating from the inn to Henley.
Below the pub is shown on an 1881 map. The original Congregational chapel shown was later to become the Grimwade Hall, now part of a residential development fronting the junction between Fore & Back Hamlets - all other property depicted apart from Steam Packet pub has since been demolished.
last updated 15/01/2015
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)