Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
Long established inn. The premises were listed in the 1844 White's Suffolk Trades Directory with carriers operating from the inn to Bucklesham. By late 1870s it had become rather run-down.
Eventually demolished to make way for municipal baths that opened in 1906. The baths are still in regular public use.
last updated 09/09/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Old inns of Suffolk by Leonard P Thompson)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)