Ipswich Queen's Restaurant & Hotel
closed December 24th, 1971
last owner Tolly Cobbold
7 & 9 Queen St
grid reference TM 162 445
View in Google Earth
last updated 12/04/2015
Demolished 1972. The site is now occupied by the Britannia Building Society.
A notice in the Ipswich Journal** in Jan 1895 states that :
An advertisement placed in January 1895 in the Ipswich Journal reads: Queen's Street Restaurant, Ipswich, Wines and Spirits, Ales and Stout on draught or in Bottle; Soup, fish, entrees, poultry, joints, daily; Balls, Banquets, and wedding breakfasts supplied throughout in first class style; Breakfast, Luncheons, Teas, and Suppers; Accommodation for Commercial gentlemen. James Hardwick, proprietor.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)