grid reference TM 161 445
View in Google Earth
last updated 12/04/2015
Demolished to make way for the Corn Exchange.
Also listed as Lower King Street and Prince's St.
The Wheatsheaf may be an earlier name for this pub.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in May 1880 states that :
Mr T Noble, landlord of the Sickle Inn, had been granted an extension to open at 5am, but as this house was about to be demolished the extension in time was transferred to the King's Arms.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)