Scroll through other Yoxford closed premises
Charles Wade (of Snowshill Manor fame), lived at the Maid's Head for a while in the late 50's and early 60's (after he had given Snowshill Manor to the National Trust. Other members of his family lived in Elmsley (the big house at the junction of High Street and Strickland Manor Hill).
(information supplied by Su Fox)
Built 16th century. Having studied licensing records from 1874 through to 1967 and found no sign of it, we conclude this pub must have closed before 1874.
The 1910 Rate book lists this building as the Maid's Head, but makes no mention of it being licensed. It's shown as being owned by William Short of Southwold, with Sam Spone in residence.
listed building grade II
last updated 25/10/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)