loading
X
Photo of Plough

grid reference TL 676 754

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

West Row is part of the Mildenhall parish


CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.


last updated 18/09/2017

West Row Plough

historical era: late 20th century

96 Church Rd

Overview | Gallery | Historical info | Public transport | Map

Perusal of old maps shows that the building in our photograph was not the original Plough and was actually built some time between 1958 and 1973 to replace the building shown in this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century (larger map) which appears to have been demolished at about the same time. The 1973 OS map does show this building as a pub, though it doesn't name it.

old OS map


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.