This characterful thatched pub has two main drinking rooms and various outside seating areas. Unusually the pub does not face the road junction but instead overlooks a small access road and a large garden.
Parts of the pub date from the mid-16th century, possibly earlier.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)