Woodbridge Waggon & Horses
previously known as Rose & Crown, Carpenter's Arms, Joiner's Arms
1 Bredfield St
grid reference TM 269 492
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 02/01/2015
now a private residence. The building is thought to date from the early 19th century.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Waggon & Horses' license was issued in 1953. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)