Scroll through other Woodbridge closed premises
Some steps led up into a characterful small front bar that then led into a more secluded split level rear bar and seating area to rear. Two small outdoor seating areas provided additional seating on sunny days - one at the front and a small secluded area accessed from the rear bar.
Current building probably dates from about 1840 when they built the "new" armshouses. The pub was certainly not there before 1830 although several earlier buildings were located close by and were also demolished at about that time. We do not yet know if any beer house was a part of the earlier structures.**
Closed early-2012, with an application in for conversion to residential use.
last updated 24/07/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** details supplied by Mick Holland)
(*** street name details from a pamphlet called "A DESCRIPTIVE ACCOUNT OF “WOODBRIDGE INNS" by V. B. REDSTONE)