Local licensing authority for Lowestoft is East Suffolk
William Youngman is listed as a brewer in 1839.
In 1855 William Youngman jnr. is listed as brewing in the High St.
In 1865 William Youngman is listed as a brewer, maltster & foreign wine & spirit merchant at Eagle brewery in Rants Score.
In 1912 Youngman, Preston & Co are listed as brewers at Eagle brewery (Rant score) with Benj. Preston
In 1916 Kelly's directory lists Eagle Brewery, Rant Score; 68 High St. & wine & spirit merchants, 26 London Rd. north & 133 London Rd. south, with Benj Preston as Brewer &c.
The Eagle Brewery owned by Youngman & Preston was acquired by Lacon & Co Ltd in 1919 and brewing had ceased by 1922.
Premises were resold to Charrington & Co Ltd and acquired by Birdseye Foods in circa 1960.