Harwood & Co brewery
Eye Brewery in Lambeth St. was acquired by Norfolk & Suffolk Brewing Co in Oct 1886 together with Bridges, Cuthbert & Co. Ltd
Name changed to the Colchester Brewing Company from July 1887.
In 1900 Colchester Brewing Company Ltd are listed as brewers, maltsters & wine & spirit merchants & importers & bonders at Eye Brewery (William Turner as manager) (& also at Ipswich & Colchester)
In the East Suffolk Gazzette on 18 Jun 1907 the following was reported: "Colchester Brewery Co is to sell four pubs in Beccles: the RED Cow in Ingate, the Victoria Arms, Ingate, The George & Dragon, Hungate Lane, and the Duke in Ballygate."