Rope, Edward brewery
In 1865 Edward Rope is listed as a maltster, corn & spirit merchant, Porter merchant and agent for Truman & Hanbury at Ropes Wharf & at Aldeburgh.
Operated in premises close to the Jolly Sailor (in Rope's Wharf, according to Kelly's directory of 1892) until 1912 when it was sold (with 2 pubs) to Flintham Hall & Co of Aldeburgh.
In 1912 Kelly directory Walter Henry Rope is listed as an agent for Truman & Hanbury's stout & Burton ales & porter at Rope's wharf.
Resold to Adnams & Co Ltd in 1922 and closed.